Download this video for viewing in HD on your smartphone or computer.
Click Here to Download High-Quality HD video to your Smartphone or Computer.
For this week’s Nexus 4 ROM of the Week, check out latest Gummy ROM Milestone “M3”.
Based on latest Android 4.4.4, Gummy ROM brings you the best and great customization features along with a fast, stable Android 4.4.4. Gummy ROM offers a ton of customization/tweaks for your UI, shortcuts, and a fast performance over many other AOSP ROMs on the market today.
Inside the core of Gummy ROM Settings, you will find Gummy Interface, which allows you to customize and tweak everything from your status bar, notification drawer, quick settings, hardware keys, soft keys, PIE Controls, HeadsUp pop-up notifications, Power Menu, Lockscreen, and plenty more. (See video overview for demo.)
If you haven’t tried the latest Gummy ROM, definitely give this guy a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps (Use micro if you want AOSP camera along with Google Camera you can install from Play Store or use stock if you want all latest Google apps but you only get Google Camera)
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install HighOnAndroid Conversion Kit (optional) and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
Advanced Wipe for TWRP or , format/wipe /system, then re-install ROM.)
First time installing custom ROM? Please see How to Install Custom ROM on Nexus 4 first!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.
Want to stay updated on latest Nexus 4 Root news?
Sign up for our Nexus 4 Root Newsletter here so you get ROM of the week and more! Nexus 4 Reference
You will need a rooted Nexus 4 to install all ROM/kernels.
NOTE: THE AUTHOR OF THIS SITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE, PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS TWICE BEFORE TRYING IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME TO ROOTING AND CUSTOM ROMS!
First time to rooting and custom ROMs?
Please see our Nexus 4 FAQ FIRST!!!